Juice fasting means consuming all your nutrients from vegetable juices and, unlike water fasting, it means you are still nourishing yourself. However, as with water fasting, by eliminating digestion your body can undertake many other tasks.
Fasting in general is one of the oldest medicinal therapies. As well as being an obvious way to lose weight, fasting has been for millennia and is currently a successful healing method from almost all modern chronic diseases such as cancer, diabetes, heart conditions, arthritis and more.
The following is a list of some of the processes that take place while you are fasting on juice:
- Cutting out toxic substances including junk food and sugar
- Removing toxins in the blood, the lymph, and at the cellular level throughout the body
- Removing waste matter in small intestine
- Colon hydration
- Reduction/eradication of inflammation/chronic pain
- Rejuvenation of metabolism and digestive system
- Rebuilding at a cellular level
- Loss of fat cells
Additionally, given that digestion uses up most of our energy during the day and often also during the night, juice fasting allows you more energy for daily life.
Aiding good elimination while you fast is essential and we strongly recommend colonic hydrotherapy and enemas be used in conjunction with this programme. You will receive full details of these and other therapies on your arrival.